Facebook Code

Thursday 1 May 2014

We Are What We Eat

Peas are up! Lettuce is thriving! The birds are singing their hearts out! I think Spring is finally waking up. Tomato plants will be happy to hear that. They are stretching for light in the from window, wishing they could go out and wave in the wind.

This year our garden will mean more than ever. The more I research the condition of our food supply, the happier I am to have gardens which have been organically grown for decades. The discovery of arsenic in many brands of rice--even some certified organic brands--has me turning to organic quinoa as our main grain. The problem is that rice was under the microscope. What about the many other foods we eat as regular staples?

Because of the uncertainty, I will see the food in my garden basket as the treasure it is--simple heritage and/or organic seeds grown in green manured/seaweeded/composted soil with clean water and pure sunlight joining forces to create fresh life enhancing food.

I encourage you all to grow some food and/or support a local organic farmer who will raise it for you, supporting your local economy while you are at it. We are what we eat, and so is our healthcare system!

Copyright © Nancy Tracey 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment